I’ve just released version 1.0.2 of Syncman, which takes care of some more annoying but non-critical issues.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Syncman to always want to update certain contacts on Gmail.
- Automatically handle situations that could lead to errors like “Phone Number must not be empty”.
- Syncman now tries harder to respect a contacts name structure (first, last, etc) in Address Book.
And here are the notes for version 1.0.1, just in case you missed it:
This is a highly recommended bugfix release. A few annoying issues were found after the launch of 1.0 and a few more popped up later (more on that below).
- Fixed a bug that would cause completely unrelated contacts to be merged during the initial sync.
- Give Company contacts a name on Gmail so they display properly in the list view.
- Display more descriptive messages for certain errors.
Google recently changed some things (unannounced) which could cause Syncman to think that it needed to replace all of your Address Book contacts. This seems to have only affected Google Apps accounts, or possibly those who were recently updated to the new Gmail interface.
Regardless, this release should fix the problem, but of course if it doesn’t then please let me know.